Roland Fantom G ARX expansions

midi

• Members

Anyone have the ARX-01 or ARX-02 yet? Saw most places have 'em for $445 now but just ordered the ARX-02 for $399 from Sam Ash, still seems kinda pricey - hope it's worth it!
:confused:

If its the same as the Supernatural stuff in the RD700GX I'd avoid it...

• Members

When you get yours, could you take some photos of the ARX cards itself as well as the expansion bays in the Fantom G? (Can you find where the RAM on the cards goes?)

I've been interested in seeing what they look like yet have seen no photos on the net yet ...

Thank you if that's possible ... :)

• Members

I've played the ARX-02 electric piano board in my local shop. You only get about 45 patches built in. There are a few nice Rhodes patches (the dyno Rhodes is very good) along with a good Stage Wurly patch. I was kind of disappointed there wasn't more built in patches, but the point of the board is for the user to "tweak" the various parameters and save your own user patches. I think the ARX sounds better in the Fantom than the built in version in the RD-700GX.

Is it worth it? You may find that the built in Fantom G EP sounds are sufficient or you may really like it. IMHO, it is a lot of money for a few sounds.

One thing for sure is that the ARX board for the G is nothing like the SRX-12 Board for the Fantom X (and related) series. That SRX board gave users great Rhodes and Clav sounds and was a big step up from the onboard sounds. I don't feel the same way about the ARX-G connection.

With the SRX board, users have to program some velocity switch points to make the sounds consistent. Wurlys sucked on this board though.

Archived