• Members

First, I'll post my gear:

Dell Inspiron Laptop 2.0 ghz dual core, 3gigs of RAM

PreSonus Firepod

Korg Kontrol49

Cubase LE

Sonar 7 Pro

East/West Synth stuff

So basically I am having trouble editing any of the Kontrol49's functions within my DAW software. How do I sync a particular pad with a particular .wav file? Is there some website I can check out that helps a MIDI noob? Anyone have any experience with this particular controller that can point me in a specific direction?

I am also getting a fair bit of latency within my DAW when I hit the keyboard, any way to get it more precise?

I honestly know these are stupid questions, I am just such a beginner at this stuff; I just need some online tutorials to read about how MIDI works or something.

Thanks all.

My MIDI controller:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Korg-KONTROL49-49Key-MIDIUSB-Controller?sku=702417&src=3WWRWXGB&ZYXSEM=0

• Members

if you are having no luck here you can try the cakewalk forumshttp://forum.cakewalk.com/default.asp

For sonar

make sure you have installed all the drivers that came with the korg and have the latest versions

you will need to configure the act settings in sonar fist go to Options>controllers/surfaces

click on the little yellow button to add a new surface then select you model from the drop down list if it is not there select (ACT midi controller)

Then in the two boxes bellow select the midi drivers for the korg (MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE CONTROL DRIVERS NOT THE MIDI ONES)

close all boxes saving where it asks you to now

go to Views>toolbars and select controllers/surfaces now you should have the ACT boxes shown in the toolbars

click on the box with the sliders should be 1st box on the right of where it says ACT controller Or Korg Controller (depends on what sonar has called your controller)

Then configure away to your hearts content

I would read the manual on how to do this or press F1 when the act screen is up as it would take me all night to type it out

As for the drum pads I am sorry but I cannot help you there as I have never had pads to configure

I hope this helps

Tris

• Members

No Problem if you need any more help either pm or e-mail me

I have had to uninstall for now but when you get to the configure page click on the left hand tab at the top from there select each button individually from the dropdown lists the configure the function keep going till you have mapped out all your controls then go to the right tab click on the lower portion of each box to get the midi select message waggle the appropriate controller repeat for all controls save as a template (the floppy disk icon top right next to the preset name) exit and you should be good to go.

It takes some time to set up but it is worth it in the long run. One tip though is to have 1 button for next track bank and one for previous track bank if you have sliders so you can just move to the next x amount of sliders or the previous make the whole thing more seamless.

I have the UC-33E And the tascam fire one so I had lots of fun with this.

tris

Archived