dl4 questions

roughGo

• Members

Hey, got a question and am lookin for some help. I currently have a dd-7 and am about to purchase another delay. I have a dl4 on craigslist that im about to pick up but I don't know if it is worth it.

I'm mainly getting for the looper and as a secodary delay.

My question is are the delays as good as the dd-7?

I like the analog on the boss and was considering getting an analog delay before the dl4 came along.

So is the dl4 worth it? are the analog models decent?

• Members

Hey, got a question and am lookin for some help. I currently have a dd-7 and am about to purchase another delay. I have a dl4 on craigslist that im about to pick up but I don't know if it is worth it.

I'm mainly getting for the looper and as a secodary delay.

My question is are the delays as good as the dd-7?

I like the analog on the boss and was considering getting an analog delay before the dl4 came along.

So is the dl4 worth it? are the analog models decent?

I really like the delays on the DL4. My favorite delay is the analog w/mod so yes I do think they are decent. I don't think you can go wrong, and even if you don't like it you can flip it for what you're paying for it I'm sure.

• Members

Get a DD-20 instead man... the DL-4 is decent and has a couple nice modes on it (Analog w/ mod, sweep mode), but it's SERIOUSLY flawed in that once you disengage it, you lose your tapped tempo. Also, the volume drop in stock DL4's is extremely annoying and again, a major flaw.

Among other things, the footprint is pretty big. And if you like dotted 8th notes, don't get the DL4, because you have to manually tap in dotted 8ths (as opposed to the Nova Delay/DD-20/etc where you can just tap in quarter notes to get the dotted 8th's; on the subdivision modes)...

The switches are pretty freaking weak as well. They'll crap out on you eventually, and you'll be pissed. :mad:... just get a DD-20 instead, it's much more practical and makes more sense in a live situation... at least IMO.

Archived