Suggestions for A/B switcher box?

Karma1

• Members

I've been looking online and they seem to range from $29 to over $200. It's not something I want to spend a lot on, but I also don't want to destroy my tone, add hum, etc. A lot of them seem to run on batteries only, which I'd rather not do if possible. I noticed that one of the cheaper DOD units doesn't seem to need batteries or AC, which would be great.

What I want it for is to be able to have both my guitar and lap steel plugged into my amp or effects console. So I need one that provides two inputs going to one output. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

• Members

Since you're switching inputs, a simple A/B like the EHX one or anything from loop-master will work just fine. Hum is (can be) an issue when splitting to two amps, but that's not an issue here.

Also, never forget the trusty Boss LS-2 - it is literally one of the most useful pedals out there, and in this application it will let you switch between three guitars/input signals, with level control for two of them.

• Members

Dan Burgess, aka This1smyne.com builds them for as low as $29-36. The $29 model is a basic A/B straight up. The $36 version will have 2 LEDs w/ choice of color and will require a 9V power source just for power to the LEDs.

Archived