Your vote for the best sounding acoustic pedal needed

• Members

Personally, I hate it when bands use acoustic pedals live to emulate acoustic parts on record. It never sounds good. I've seen metal bands do it and fail at it over the years. Three years ago I saw Steve Vai do it.. and it was disgustingly {censored}ty.

• Members

Not strictly acoustic pedals, but other ways to get acoustic tones out of an electric:

Install a peizo pup on your guitar, you could run it as a separate output to FOH if you wanted.

Or,

A midi pup such as the roland hex pickup connected to one of their guitar synth things.

• Members
most people run these things into a guitar amp.... that's the problem...

:thu:

I've made that point several times before.

I've used an AC-2 before and it sounded pretty good to me...

it doesn't really make an electric guitar sound like a perfectly mic'd acoustic, but then neither does an electro-acoustic played through a PA.

• Members

One of these...

fair call

having used an ac2 a lot, a fishman piezo bridge on a parker and an electro acoustic the main point is that 99% of the audience dont really care

in my taste i like the piezo for sound and convenience, but the ac2 sounds fine too and is a lot cheaper and easier (no installation)

go with the piezo i say if you dont mind installation, but ac2 if you want quick cheap and easy (more options too)

• Members

I love the AC-2 a lot when used with an addition EQ pedal like the GE-7 but was curious if there was a better version made by any company. I know there is an AC-3 with reverb but not sure how it compares in acoustic tone. I use a Stetsbar (highly recommended) vibrato so a piezo bridge will not work.

Archived