Logic love thread of love

J05H

• Members

I don't mean to be a fanboy, but I've finally built a workstation that I'm happy with. I just moved up to an 8-core Mac Pro and Logic Studio setup, from a G5 iMac/Logic 7 setup, and I can't be happier. My iMac had a problem with its fans, and couldn't handle more than two instances of Reaktor at a time. The new machine just laughs and laughs when I try to do something "intensive", and LS is so much easier to use than L7. Piano Roll, Score, and Sample Editor no longer open in windows but as part of the main window (so I can make edits quickly then get back to the arrangement), I can peruse softsynth/effect presets without having to call up the synth/effect and clutter the display, channel strips can be cleared with a single mouse click, and I've noticed that notes and regions snap to the grid easier than they did with 7. I was able to write a four-minute song the first day I had it, and I think it sounds great. If you're interested, it's here.

Viva L:love:gic!

• Members

Well, that was very impressive. I had no idea where the piece was going, and am often somewhat disappointed in such things, but I was pleasantly surprised listening to this. Nice work.

High praise indeed. Thank you.

• Members

Wow those strings are factory ESX-24 samples?

Believe it or not, yep. The woodwinds are particularly nice. I found myself playing for a long time with just the clarinet and piccolo through Space Designer.

• Members

:thu:
:thu:

Gear list?

Strings are EXS24.

Drums are Ultrabeat.

Distorted synth is Minimoog V.

Guitar-ish thing is Sculpture.

All presets, so I could concentrate on workflow. No Comp/EQ/Mastering on the Master Out. Very little EQ on the individual tracks. Things just sound this good out of the box. :)

• Members

Check out Redmatica's Compendium (or you can buy the 3 seperate), supplements Logic superbly for quick file management, great sample mangling and can Autosample your analog synths or romplers complete presets in a few steps. Can't beat these products.

Nice track!

Archived