Noise on MicroKorgs outputs

goldphinga

• Members

Switched on my Micro today for the first time in a couple of months and for some reason its developed white noise and almost static sounding interference on all its ouputs and i cant get rid of it! Also i can now hear aliasing on the tails of any sounds with delay on and distortion as well. Not good.

Have opened the case and checked the seating of all ribbon cables and all seems well. Its been safely stored since i last switched it on and was working perfectly then.

Anyone else experienced this noise issue? Unfortunately its well out of warranty now but still waiting on a tech support response from korg UK.

Oh and one other thing, everytime i power off and on again the overall transposition is resetting to -3 semitones...dunno!

Cheers

Dan G

• Members

Try it with fresh AA batteries to rule out a power/wall wart issue.

After resetting the transposition, use the WRITE button to make it permanent.

It's possible that that the memory got corrupted. Try doing a factory global preload (Shift+7, then select Global (GLB) using knob 1, then press 7 again). If that doesn't work, load the factory presets, the same way but select PrG (all programs) using knob 1.

• Members

Hey guys, thanks for the advice..

Tried a new walwart but same issue, will do factory reset but need to backup sounds first

Im wondering whether somethings gone wrong with the output processor if there is such a thing. The sounds play and load as normal but they are covered in aliasing and distortion...weird.

contacted korg support but they said speak to my music dealer but thing is the micro is well out of warranty now so it would be sent back to korg for a chargeable repair anyway..

kinda at a loss, may have to just sell for parts. As they are worth so little now it would probably cost more to fix than pick up another one second hand..

anyway, if anyone has any other ideas pls let me know!

many thanks

D

• Members

hehe!

Well thing is though the micro was perfect for what i need and i already have 20+synths and dont want any more except for a prophet 8!

But i use the vocoder loads on the micro and its great to keep rig weight down on tours..

this is the first 'new' bit of kit that has ever failed on me...

Archived