Electronic Drum Samples

• Members

samplers are best filled with ...

samples.

samples in turn are best when ...

done by you to be unique.

lift some drum samples from your favorite recordings,

clean them up in a wave editor,

tweak them and layer them with other real drum samples or sine waves etc... and add effects on the top and resample.

basically you need to build your own library of samples from random found sounds and downloadable drum hits etc...

just google "drum machine sample"

and you'll find a ton of free downloads to use as starters.

• Members

samplers are best filled with ...

samples.

samples in turn are best when ...

done by you to be unique.

lift some drum samples from your favorite recordings,

clean them up in a wave editor,

tweak them and layer them with other real drum samples or sine waves etc... and add effects on the top and resample.

basically you need to build your own library of samples from random found sounds and downloadable drum hits etc...

just google "drum machine sample"

and you'll find a ton of free downloads to use as starters.

Sounds like something that would be very hard for me to do. Looks like I'll have to shell out for an S6000.

• Members

Your welcome. I'm a bit partial towards the Harley and Muscle stuff.

You do house music right? Do you know any good tech house drum samples and kits. Like I've mentioned before, I know theres battery 3 and GURU as the most popular and some stuff from vengeace sound, loopmasters, and bigfishaudio but I don't know where all these house and trance artists get their drums from..

• Members

You do house music right? Do you know any good tech house drum samples and kits. Like I've mentioned before, I know theres battery 3 and GURU as the most popular and some stuff from vengeace sound, loopmasters, and bigfishaudio but I don't know where all these house and trance artists get their drums from..

Yes I do.

They get a lot of their drums from older vinyl works. Your going to have to get into wax my friend.

• Members

Yes I do.

They get a lot of their drums from older vinyl works. Your going to have to get into wax my friend.

So, I'll have to do what wetwareinterface said? Sounds like tough work. I do have alot of House and trance music.

Edit: Besides software, what about any hardware romplers?

• Members

So, I'll have to do what wetwareinterface said? Sounds like tough work. I do have alot of House and trance music.

Edit: Besides software, what about any hardware romplers?

Not so tough. Hear the drums you like, record a section, chop it up (Lots of DAW's and Audio editors can do this now), edit and stylize the drum samples and make them your own.

Any hardware rompler will do but as you can see by my signature, I prefer the Korg offerings to date. In many respects though, it's not so much about the drum samples, but the use of compression on the drums and percussion. Vinyl recordings often already have that aspect nailed so it eases the work a bit for a floor romper.

• Members

Not so tough. Hear the drums you like, record a section, chop it up (Lots of DAW's and Audio editors can do this now), edit and stylize the drum samples and make them your own.

Yes but what about if the part of the song/sample has other stuff playing on top it? How would I get rid of those and only have out the drums?

• 3 years later...

Archived