NEW DSI "MOPHO", MONO SYNTH

Analogholic

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hrm, is this a joke?

I like the idea of a monophinic P08, but what happend to the cool sleek designs of the Evolver and the Prophet08? It looks like Dave have been using some designer from EMU (MoPhat etc).:facepalm:

Please make a special edition with some subdued colors (or all white, all metal, black or whatever else than orange, neon green or canary yellow).

Featurewise it looks like a good companion for my Blofeld, but estetically it doesn't fit at all with the Blofeld and the alu iMac I'v got in my living room.

No news on www.davesmithinstruments.com yet, but the site isn't renown for speedy updates in the past....

For us in Europe I guess that $439

• Members

Found a picture of a Mopho in a more sober color (attached). I hope this will be available also and that is not just a prototype, but it's likely not the final version. I will just have to do some "pimp-my-synth" myself with some nice carbon fibre and wooden ends. maybe a third party will release an upgrade kit (pre-cut stickers)?

Release date is 29/09, it seems that SonicState leaked the info too early, they now pulled the info from their site.

Pricing $439

Features

100% analog signal path

Two oscillators

One classic Curtis low-pass filter (switchable 2- or 4-pole)

Analog VCAs

Three envelope generators (ADSR plus delay)

Two sub-octave generators (one octave down and two octaves down)

External audio input with feedback

Four assignable performance controls per program

Gated 16 x 4 step sequencer (one sequence per program)

Arpeggiator

Fully programmable (includes software editor for Mac OS and Windows)

384 programs

I/O: MIDI In, MIDI Out/Thru, Audio In, Left and Right Audio Out, Headphone Out

• Members

Two sub-octave generators (one octave down and two octaves down)

What to do with them? Calculate the interest of you subprime loan, forecast the weather... nope

I assume they work like the sub oscillators on old Rolands analog synths, they create a simple square wave one or two octaves under the main oscilltors. Roland DCO synths used a flip-flop divider, what-ever that is.

Archived