Effects programming help

mdog114

• Members

I'm hoping some of you guys can help me out a bit here. I have a guitarist coming up Thursday to the studio and he asked me if I had an Echoplex unit, I don't.

Now I did play through one years ago and it was really kinda cool, but I don't know anyone with one I can borrow and he doesn't want to rent one.

I told him I could try and mimic the sound a bit with some processors at the studio. I have an Eclipse and a H3000, along with a lot of other stuff, but I'm leaning towards the Eventide units.

Now I listened to a few clips on the YT and it sounds like the block should be delay>EQ>modulation. It sounds to me like programming an analog style delay with some bass roll-off on the repeats, then feeding it to some modulation to get the wow & flutter of the tape should get me close.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this sound going without the actual unit?

And for the purists, I know I'm not going to be able to nail it, I just want to get close.

• Members

EchoplexingPong would probably be a good place to start. Keep the filters, change the delay if necessary.

Thanks IvIark!

I saw that one in the preset list (306), any other I might start with?

I might get a few minutes to noodle around later tonight, so anyone with some suggestions, don't be shy.

• Members

I've never used an Echoplex so I can't speak from experience on that side, but I'd definitely trust the ears of the guys at Eventide. Actually I'd be interested in how you feel the Eclipse stacks up against the H3000 using the EchoplexPong preset. It's patch 540 on the H3000.

Archived