ZebraCM Manual

MuzikB

• Members

Does anyone know where I can get a manual for this? I've got CM129 and loaded it but the setup of the oscillators makes no sense to me and clicking on a bunch of things doesn't reveal any waveforms to adjust. :idk:

A little help please of is this crapware?

• Members

I've heard good things about Zebra. Nothing but good, as a matter of fact.

How did you come about obtaining without the manual ?

He just told you -- he got the Lite version that COMPUTER MUSIC gives away -- which is a really nice soft synth, never mind for $16. Not crapware at all.

I don't know where the CM version manual is (if any), but here's the link to the manual for the full-size Zebra synth -- appears to be the same interface "look," so should help:

http://www.u-he.com/zebra/manual/

• Members

He just told you -- he got the Lite version that COMPUTER MUSIC gives away -- which is a really nice soft synth, never mind for $16. Not crapware at all.

I don't know where the CM version manual is (if any), but here's the link to the manual for the full-size Zebra synth -- appears to be the same interface "look," so should help:

Thanks a lot. I'll check that out after work.

• Members

I have Zebra 2, it is a super synth...

I don't know how the CM version is though....

It's stripped down quite a bit. From the developer himself (Urs Heckman):

2 osc - noise - vcf

2 x adsr, 3 x lfo

reverb/modfx/delay

All modules are identical with corresponding ones in Zebra2, just no waveform editing (16 fixed waveforms with smooth transitions instead) and predefined OscFX ("Symmetry" for PWM and "Filter" for osc timbre control). The VCF module is the good old one as known from Zebra 1.0 - 2.0, nineteen different types.

So it's pretty much Zebra 1.0 with minor enhancements here and there, such as IntelMac compatibility and a new user interface.

• Members

but the setup of the oscillators makes no sense

They're wavetables, they have their own unison/multiplier, and you won't see waveforms - you can only morph through the waves.

of is this crapware?

Most certainly not :) It's just, IMHO, that the character is rather gentle and clean.

• Members

They could have at least put something out that equates the value to what wave is being used in the oscillators.

It sounds great but it's pretty much a preset machine or a "happy experiment" machine without some explanation. :mad:

Thanks fellas! :thu:

Archived