1, 2, Three! Three new pedals on the way, A HA HA HA!!!

• Members

Sesame-english-do-you-like-it-apple_coun

So I have decided to re-vamp my pedal board.

I wanted a new boost, as with the HB, a 100% clean boost is a little muddy. Needed some treble, so:

ascend.jpg

Yeah, I know you all said to go with the Fat Boost. I had my finger on the button, but just for kicks I emailed Heavy Electronics, got a response minutes later.

Found out that the internal trim pot takes it from quite bright, to quite dark. Just what I wanted. The switch turns this pot on and off, making it 100% clean if I like. 35db of boost? Yes please. If I don't like it, I'll burn it, buy a Fat Boost and publicly apologize for ignoring your advice. :)

I decided I really wanted a trem. They sound awesome, and dammit, everyone should have one. I mean, CCR, surf music.. cmon! I love my Malekko Omicron Phase, and the 616 Delay is amazing so:

1000947_l.jpg

Now, to make room on my board for the trem, I needed a smaller OD. I searched ALL DAY. I may very well be aware of every single overdrive pedal on the internet as of right now. I finally chose this:

EFCN3PURDV.jpg

The switch up at the top is a clipping character switch almost identical to the one on mine. The clean knob adjusts more clean signal in as it's turned up, like a Sparkle Drive.

So there you have it. Heh, I really used to hate pedals, to an obscene amount. I mean, I would be at a show, and if a guitarist had more than a tuner, I would seriously question his authoritah. Now, I think pedals are tons of fun.

Funny how people change. My next band project will probably be a progressive fusion outfit loosely inspired by Pink Floyd and Daft Punk. :idk:

• Members

didnt know about that boost. sounds really cool, let us know what you think of it.

Hey, I got my booster today and said I'd let you know so:

It's a hell of a booster. I like it much more than the Toadworks.

It's got a lot more volume, and it gets grittier. The Toadworks has a switch on it that engages a fat boost. The Ascend has a switch that turns an internal trim pot for tone on and off. The actual tone circuit is a roll-off as opposed to active preamp, but when you're dealing with an incredibly loud boost, it doesn't matter. It can be a mole, a screaming bird, or any wild exaggeration of the two. I've got it set to be a treble booster.

All in all, it's a winner. It's just got more character than a 100% clean boost. I feel my boost needs are over for awhile.

Yay Heavy Electronics!!!!

Archived