Wavestation A/D question...

Karma1

• Members

I'm looking for info about doing a factory reset or initialization on a Wavestation A/D. It's got 1 rom bank and 3 ram banks. I know the proceedure for doing it but, I read somewhere that in doing a reset, it loads the rom bank into all three ram banks. Does anybody know if that is true? I would think that the 3 ram banks would all have been loaded with factory sounds that were different from the rom bank. But I bought it used a number of years ago and don't remember what was in there.

I've tried filling the ram banks with sounds from rom & ram cards and from a Wavestation SR in the past, but they came out sounding different and not as good - probably having to do with the building blocks of the sounds not being in the same positions in the A/D. (I think I understand this but am not sure how to articulate it).

Anyway, I'm looking at selling the A/D and wanted to restore it to it's original factory sounds, but not if the ram banks are all going to contain the sounds in the rom bank. I hope this makes sense, and someone can enlighten me about it. I never thought I'd be considering selling the A/D, but I need the cash to put towards some new equipment.

I've been trying to find out what the going price range is on the A/D. I know that they are the most sought after Wavestation model and sell for considerably more than the SR or EX. Prepal shows avg. price at $451. That's about what I was thinking - anybody know about this?

• Members

I know the proceedure for doing it but, I read somewhere that in doing a reset, it loads the rom bank into all three ram banks. Does anybody know if that is true?

Did you check Dan Phillips' FAQ?

http://danphillips.com/wavestation/ws_faq.htm#initializing_ws

He also has the factory sound banks SysEx files at the bottom of this page.

Archived