Boss PSM-5 / New Pedalboard

guitapick

• Members

Hey. i'm back to the electric after a 10 year stay in the acoustic station. Things have changed.

I'd like to upgrade my rig. Was using a Boss BCB-6 and Boss pedals along with a few other non-Boss pedals that are included in the loop (RealTube Overdrive/Big Muff Deluxe/Cry Baby Wah/MXR Dyna Comp). Powered the Boss units up with the Boss PSM-5, followed by a TC Electronic Integrated Preamp to keep the signal strong.

Now I'm thinking it would be sweet to get a new pedalboard that I can put everything on without the carrying around/setup/break it down issues. I'll be getting a new delay (El Capistan's unreal) to add to the chain. I'm wondering:

1) Will the Boss PSM-5 along with the TC Preamp power a new unit or do I need something else? What I like about it is that you can turn the chain on or off as a whole.

2) Got a favorite pedalboard?

Thanks for the time...nice to be back in Electric Ladyland...

• Members

I get what you mean about distributing the 9V, but am in the dark about output in mA/power supply/current handling of the PSM-5. I'll see what I can find on the internet.

Sounds simplistic, but I used to just plug the Boss unit in and play. The complexities were probably there when I was playing out in the 90s and before...but I didn't pay much attention. It was just nice to have the convenience of the pedalboard.

Archived