Anyone here use the Subdecay Noise Box?

OMTerria

• Members

I had one for awhile and kind of miss it. The base sound is a really cool, biting, synthy sound. The other big part of its magic is the envelope dynamics. I remember wishing I could dial the envelope down even more than it would allow. that being said it is a unique sound and a cool piece of gear.

Now, whenever I hear the latest Mars volta album, I think I hear Omar using it all over the place on that record and wish I still had it.

• Members

Yes I own one, have for a year and a half, use it every single show and every single practice.
The trick is it will take you an unknown amount of time to find "your setting". Seems everyone I know with one claims its a toy... till one day.... they find the setting that owns them. Its actually a lot more versatile in the frequency department than you would think.
Its not for everyone, but if you saw the demo and GASed? Get it.

• Members

I use it as a more versatile, clearer, and stable uglyface (w/o lfo). It gets a lot more synthy than an uglyface, and it takes a lot of careful tweaking to get the envelope just right, but with patience, it has some incredibly fun sounds. It gets pegged as a toy because of the chaotic sounds it can produce and for the fact that it isn't an "always on" type of pedal.

Archived