Help with Korg PadKontrol

UMT

• Members

I've used my Korg PadKontrol many times but haven't used it in about 4-5 months. Today, I'm trying to record some drums and every pad (drum sound) I hit, sounds like it has been hit 3x. (ie: hit the 'snare' pad once and it plays 3x) Almost as if the FLAM funtion is stuck on or something. Flam/Roll/Hold are off. Trying to play the drum sounds in my Yamaha MU80. (All the different kits are the same)

I'm stuck. Any idea what is causing this?

If there are any PadKontrol experts out there, reach out and touch a brother! Ha.

Thanks!

• Members

You might want to try messing with the switch settings. I'm not with my padkontrol right now but if you go into settings mode press the SW/Polarity button. With that you have two options for each pad. Try switching between the two and see which one works better. I believe one is meant for sending midi CC messages and the other one note on/off

• Members

Thanks, Moog, but I've already tried that. According to the manual, one is momentary and the other is 'cut off' as soon as you hit another pad. Irregardless, it still plays 3x every pad no matter which way I switch these. I'm wondering if I didn't mess with something in the MU80 I'm still trying to figure it out.

• Members

Hmm I'm not sure if there is an Arpeggiator or the like on the MU80 but that could be it. As far as more problems on the padkontrol I'm hard pressed to find any. Just make sure that you have the correct midi assignments and that you're not playing some weird roll patch on the MU80.

• Members

Thanks, Moog... It is definately a setting somewhere in the MU80 as I just played the same drum sounds with a midi keyboard controller and when I hit the drum 'notes' ,,,, it also plays them 3x so I'm going to start a new "Need Help With MU80 Thread!"

Thanks....

Archived