HELP - Using MOOG expression pedal with a Line 6 FM-4

hosebeast

• Members

First of all check that the Moog expression pedal has the right pot value for the FM4. I's guess it's probably like 25k, 100k or 250k. If it isn't the right value for the FM4 then you might have an issue.

Secondly, you know what the expression pedal does on the FM4, right? Set the expression pedal heel down and tweak all the pots to your liking on the FM4. Then set the expression pedal toe down and tweak all the pots on the FM4 to a different sound (within the same mode). Your expression pedal will now sweep between these two settings. Don't forget to save your preset!

• Members

First of all check that the Moog expression pedal has the right pot value for the FM4. I's guess it's probably like 25k, 100k or 250k. If it isn't the right value for the FM4 then you might have an issue.

Secondly, you know what the expression pedal does on the FM4, right? Set the expression pedal heel down and tweak all the pots to your liking on the FM4. Then set the expression pedal toe down and tweak all the pots on the FM4 to a different sound (within the same mode). Your expression pedal will now sweep between these two settings. Don't forget to save your preset!

thanks!

actually, no, i had no idea what it did haha. i thought that i could just plug it in, and instead of those lame auto wah sounds, i would just be able to control the manually. but based on what i'm gathering from yr post there, i will now just effectively have 6 presets instead of 3? that's still pretty awesome.

also, i don't know how to check the pot value. i am an idiot, and have blows more than one pedal by trying to use the wrong power supply, so any help in that area would be greatly appreciated as well. the {censored}-tronic output of things is too foreign to me, bobandy ; )

• Members

Alright, a bit of googling has taught me that the Moog expression pedal has a 50k pot. The Line 6 FM4 is expecting to see a 10k pot. You *might* have issues here, but you'll have to just try it out and see how you go!

And yeah, you'll essentially have 6 presets now. Just remember you can only morph between settings within the same mode, so you'll have 6 presets but only within 3 different modes.

From what I recall using the Line 6 M13 filters, you can get some pseudo whammy effects on the 'growler' mode. Just set the heel pitch and the toe pitch and sweep between them with the expression pedal.

Archived