Xact Precision/Multi-Drive Overdrives

guitapick

• Members

Hey. I've posted this on another forum site. Telling you that 'cuz I don't want to seem like a spammer. I'm just so into this pedal...

I sold a really nice vintage Deluxe Big Muff. Took the $$$ and went in search of an OD. There are a lot of great ones. I ended up on the Xact Tone Solutions website and was sold on either the Precision or Multi-Drive OD.

These are great, great overdrives. I ended up buying the Precision and loved it, but noticed a bit of a difference in the bottom when I unhooked my closed back extension speaker (I've got a nice Boogie Mark IIB combo which is pretty bright and open on it's own).

Greg (the builder of the pedal) had told me that the Multi-Drive's more versatile and was built just for this situation. Different amp/guitar combinations can make for different needs.

I swapped for the Multi-Drive and am totally obsessed with it. It can be used as a serious boost pedal, the subtle/transparent OD's completely there when you want it, and the extra gain's fantastic. Through the entire spectrum, the pedal picks up the right and left hand attack perfectly.

These are excellent effect pedals.

Archived