What is your take on this...

Voltaire

• Members

It depends on how you view yourself. Sometimes it's a pride thing, wanting to be a traditional 'musician'. Other than that, it's all about performing and putting on a good show. It has to relate to the music, not this pop dance routine crap. If you give some effort playing a live show, have good music to showcase, and the crowd has fun, then that is what it's all about really. If musicianship is big to you, I understand that. I totally get into it when someone is rocking out on stage. But there's nothing wrong with having synth parts sequenced.

I'll just find you less interesting to watch is all :D

• Members

It depends on how you view yourself. Sometimes it's a pride thing, wanting to be a traditional 'musician'. Other than that, it's all about performing and putting on a good show. It has to relate to the music, not this pop dance routine crap. If you give some effort playing a live show, have good music to showcase, and the crowd has fun, then that is what it's all about really. If musicianship is big to you, I understand that. I totally get into it when someone is rocking out on stage. But there's nothing wrong with having synth parts sequenced.

I'll just find you less interesting to watch is all
:D

:o

thanks.

• Members

The worst thing about pre-sequenced stuff with a band, is finding a drummer who actually can drum well with pre-sequenced stuff.

That's why I program my drums :D

As my friend Andre the bass player always says, there's a reason why they created drum machines (well I try not to tell him most drum machines also have bass sounds now...)

• Members

Of course it all goes out the window if your friend Paul can't drum along to a click track...

Cleeck track?? We don't need no steenkin' cleeck track!!

Seriously, you're talking to a guy who likes to "sync" a TR505-->SH101-->OB-8 WithOUT CV or MIDI

Internal Clock All Teh Way!

Besides click tracks are for robots (I can dig the robots, mind you, but...)

• Members

Have one of the girlfriends stand behind an unplugged synth pretending she's playing. XD

Actually....:facepalm: I saw that happen in 1981 with....Manheim Steamroller! I'm sure she was the girlfriend to someone. I had front row tickets and her "synth solo" started .25sec before her hand touched the keys. Maybe a person can say this band and type of music is the type where sequencing is appropriate. After all their target audience is the hipster Mantovani crowd.

My thoughts of this band, even though they are a huge million seller are in the toilet to this day. (did you know Chip Davis wrote the music to CW McCalls "Convoy?)

The newspaper review the following day said "you might as well stay home and just crank up your stereo."

Archived