Whats a good price on an 80's large Rat?

Beastly

• Members

they never made a large box Rat in 85, are you sure it's not a 91 RI? I'd do a bit of research because a 91 is worth about $75.00-$100.00. they stopped making the original large box Rat in 81 I believe. the originals said Proco Sound Inc. down the side of the Rat logo.

• Members

they never made a large box Rat in 85, are you sure it's not a 91 RI? I'd do a bit of research because a 91 is worth about $75.00-$100.00. they stopped making the original large box Rat in 81 I believe. the originals said Proco Sound Inc. down the side of the Rat logo.

good call...i was just reading that on google...i have the serial# ill look it up

• Members

the 90's reissues, provided you find one with the lm308, are pretty dead on and half the cost. i don't think there's much point in getting the original just to try out the sound. if you become a fanatical rat loyalist, then it might be cool from a collector standpoint to shell out the dough, if you're into that kind of thing. also, the originals had a graphic, as stated earlier, that says "sound inc." vertically next to the proco. the reissues just say proco the rat on them. don't let him rip you off. there's also a date code on the pots, if you get to look at the pedal in person. the internet can tell you how to find it and interpret it. i forgot.

edit: i believe '85 was the era of the "whiteface" rat, which is a small box. they're just as good of a pedal and sound pretty much the same, so if he has one, that's about the right price. but, proco recently did a limited rerun of that pedal with original parts they found in a drawer or something. has the lm308 and everything. they're selling them for about $200. so you could get a brand new pedal with the original parts and circuit for what he's asking for an old one.

Archived