Anyone use Native Instruments Zero G - Altered States?

Karma1

• Members

I just bought this used off Craig's List. It was never registered so I'll be able to have tech support. I'll be installing it tomorrow while I have someone here helping with some major upgrades to my computer and ProTools rig.

But just wondering if anyone here has used it and has any feedback, advice, tips, etc. I've been strictly a hardware synth user and have never used a soft synth/sampler before. Once I've worked with it and get the hang of it I plan to load some samples from it into my Roland V-Synth for further sonic manipulation. But if anyone has any advice for a software newbie as far as learning curve or using this product I'd appreciate it.

As someone who does ambient electronic music, I've wanted Spectrasonics Atmosphere (and now Omnisphere) for a long time but didn't have the money to invest in it. I read that Altered States is somewhat similar and is considered a competitor for Atmosphere, so when I saw it available for $75 I decided to go for it. With the equivalent of 10 sample cd's worth of sounds, it's quite an extensive library.

• Members

A heads up- unless you get it in a sealed original box, chances are it has been registered; you have to register/activate it to run it. And, if it's been activated, it can't be transferred.

Personally, I'd stay away from buying software second hand on Craigslist or eBay; there's just too many cases where the buyer gets something he can't use because he can't activate/register it.

Your NI forum moderator,

ew

Archived