Jomox XBase 888, Is this thing House and Electronica or not?

MuzikB

• Members

Uh-oh, this is the first I have heard this type of feedback, and honestly it has been a concern of mine; based off of the 'oblique' X-base 09 workflow.

I sure hope that these 888/999 machines are an improvement. I guess I'll find out when my fund is complete.

How close could you get your to approximate the 808 (in sound)?

I had an 09, and it was actually simpler - once you got it, you got it. for some reason, the 999 makes me not even want to get it.

I can get pretty close, but not exactly the 808 sound. I'd say its definitely close enough, and with outboard processing I can get closer. In a mix, its close enough for the average listener to not notice.

• Members

I had an 09, and it was actually simpler - once you got it, you got it. for some reason, the 999 makes me not even want to get it.

I can get pretty close, but not exactly the 808 sound. I'd say its definitely close enough, and with outboard processing I can get closer. In a mix, its close enough for the average listener to not notice.

Thanks for the info, I'm optimistic about it sonically. I guess we'll see about the interface implementation. I'm not looking for an 808 clone necessarily, just something that is inspirational to work with, analog and hardware-based with plenty of knobs.

• Members

Let me put it this way: With the manual right in front of me, it took me 30 minuts to figure out how to get into x0x style step edit mode...

:( That's not promising. Better purchase form someone with a good return policy. While I'm here in Potatoland, I'd like to use stuff live that these pokes have never seen before.

Electribes are pretty common. I want to stand out a bit more.

• Members

:(
That's not promising. Better purchase form someone with a good return policy. While I'm here in Potatoland, I'd like to use stuff live that these pokes have never seen before.

Electribes are pretty common. I want to stand out a bit more.

No point standing out if your also standing still...

I love my electribes. Its no wonder they are so common. You can learn it without a manual in about 3 seconds. Minimal brain power required. Great resources for creativity.

Which reminds me I need to get my ESX fixed. :-/

• Members

No point standing out if your also standing still...

I love my electribes. Its no wonder they are so common. You can learn it without a manual in about 3 seconds. Minimal brain power required. Great resources for creativity.

Which reminds me I need to get my ESX fixed. :-/

I'm not standing still. I don't scream to everybody about my going on. Unlike most here I do make money from music.

The Electribe is nice but in using my M3 more, it doesn't add anything sonically. It is a pretty nifty initial idea machine though.

It upsets me that I'd doesn't work properly with Live 6. Another reason I'm inquiring about a replacement.

Guest Anonymous

FWIW. I have a JazBAse that I trigger with a MPC. This gives me the JoMox sound while still letting one box be the music seqencer. I still want a AirBase so I can have JoMox 808/909 kicks going in the same beat.

Archived