House of Leaves

Ryan.

• Members

I didn't come out of that book the same person I was before I read it. I always to read it during summers/winter break so I can fully dedicate a week to hibernate in my room and be fully engulfed by it. Only Revolutions is so beautifully written as well, a close second to HOL. I had to have forums opened up during OR to summarize what I had just read, it's oddly descriptive and poetic. They're both so good...

• Members
Still my favorite book, ever. I've read it four times
:lol:
. You literally can't summarize that book, and I dig that. It is indeed very time consuming though, each time I read it, it took me almost 2 months on each pass. I'm about to start Only Revolutions (by the same author) today, I'm hoping it's as good

I didn't care for Only Revolutions but am in the same boat with HOL. 4 times and I'm still finding weird little secret messages withe each pass through. I also agree that you're gonna want some free time for this book, I read it over a summer off of work and school for the first time and it worked out great.

• Members

I really liked House of Leaves. Only Revolutions was awful.

Both are {censored}ing incredible. I love these books to bits. Both are difficult reads, both are completely worth it.

and don't forget to write down the first letter of all of the footnotes for the fun messages.

• 1 year later...

Archived