Fulltone ChoralFlange owners: Is the footswitch PCB-mounted?

• Members

There's a guy in my town that's offered to sell me his Fulltone ChoralFlange pedal for $90.00

He's priced it this low because apparently, the footswitch is "finicky", his own words. I happen to have one of those heavy-duty 3PDT footswitches in my junkbox, leftover from when I was into building various DIY effect boxes.

My question to you is, is the footswitch mounted directly onto the printed circuitboard (a pain to replace) or is it mounted separately with wires flying between it and the PCB?

If it's not mounted directly to the PCB, I can easily install a new switch and away you go.

I'm really tempted to buy this pedal, I've never played one but the sounds that I've heard on various YouTube videos are pretty sweet. And at $90.00, you just can't go wrong IMHO.

Can somebody have a look inside of their ChoralFlange pedal and let me know what's the deal on the footswitch?

• Members

Somebody told me that there were two runs of the CF, the first run had a cheap black plastic footswitch, which I think might have been mounted directly onto the printed circuit board and after having enough complaints from the people who bought that pedal about the footswitch being finicky, Fulltone went back to the drawing board and started using those good quality 3PDT footswitches and those for sure, are mounted seperate from the PCB.

If it turns out that this fellow's CF pedal has the footswitch mounted onto the PCB, I'll just have to take my time and try to not damage the PCB while in there soldering in a new footswitch. At $90.00, I just can't pass it by.

Archived