Voce V5 owners- hep me out please!

• Members

I just got one- was disappointed to find no expression pedal jack in the rear panel. I would rather not go back to Ernie Ball Hell (where the last 1/8" of play controls 75% of the volume.) Are there any volume pedals that respond more like a Hammond?

And yes, I know I should have entitled this "volume pedal suggestions".

• Members

You might want to try the Boss FV-500L - said to be one of the best out there. I for my part have suffered with a cheap Bespeco, too, so I know what you're talking about :(

Still, the V5 is great, not even beat by the Nord Electro.

• Members

Thanks for the suggestion Andi. I'm thinking also I might try a Roland A-series controller and use my Yamaha FC-7 (with adapter to reverse polarity). I know that with most clonewheels, the expression pedal controls other characteristics than volume, but I'm not sure if this is the case with the V5. If not, then a mono volume pedal could theoretically work as well as as an expression pedal.

I had an Electro rack until a few weeks ago. I still think it is the best self-contained B3 module- but I also used to have a Voce V3 and it sounded sweet through a Leslie- even better than the Electro rack. My V5 has the V5+ upgrade and the chorus and percussion is definitely improved. I would like to get a Leslie 760/860 but will probably get a used Line 6 Rotomachine (cheap and good) for now.

• Members

I guess the Roland-Yamaha thing should work. I'm not sure though if you can select a minimum volume, which I would consider important.

Cool thing about the FV500L is that it works as a volume pedal (stereo & mono) and an expression pedal.

Also, right, expression also influences the frequency response of the organ, which is probably not possible with the V5. Still, it sounds /&%$

• Members

My V5 has the Ashby percussion mod - is that different from the V5+ upgrade? And is the V5+ upgrade still availible somewhere? Might be worth a shot the next time I'm in the US.

)

The eBay seller advertised it as having the V5+ chip installed. He bought it like that so I don't know who did the mod. It's C/V sounds pretty decent to me, definitely deeper and better than that of a V3 I had- but not as "hyped" as that of the Electro.

Archived