Cusack Tap-a-Delay Problem

• Members

I bought a Cusack Tap-a-Delay from a user on The Gear Page.

It arrived today and it will not power up. I put in a brand new battery, I made sure all my cables were working properly and connected, and it will still not power up.

I notice that both of the switches seem to be non-latching, both the tap tempo and the bypass switch. This seems strange to me. Is there something wrong with the switches? Am I missing something?

Everything else appears to be normal (except that the box arrived at my door super beat up as if someone stepped on it, but the pedal itself was wrapped nicely in bubble wrap).

Shot in the dark, but anyone have experience with this pedal and can help me out?

• Members

The Cusack switches are non-latching so there's nothing wrong there.

Did the LED light when you switched it on? Did you try powering it with an adaptor (9V centre negative)?

I don't have the delay but I do have the tap-a-whirl and I believe there is an internal jumper to set between stereo & mono

A-B = stereo

B-C = Mono

if you use a mono cable & it's set to stereo it will cause the signal to be weak.

Check that this jumper is set B-C

• Members

Also if it doesn't work properly after that get in contact with the seller and quiz him about it.

If he refuses to refund PM the mods. They mediate and will ask the seller to make it right, banning him if you have been out-and-out scammed.

Archived