Connecting boss to mixer, instruments to...??? Aaaaaaggghhhhh!!!!!

• Members

Ok so I posted a thread about how to connect multiple instruments and a mic to my boss ME-25 or at least run tehm through it so I could loop more than one sound and the resounding response was 'Get a mixer'. So, today the Behringer Xenyx802 I ordered arrived but I cant seem to figure it out. What do I connect where? Is there a way of running everything I connect to the mixer through the boss pedal? I've been waiting for this mixer to get here for a ridiculous amount of time and now it just feels like an anti-climax...Help

• Members

If you absolutely must use the ME-25 as the looper, then you'll want to connect it to the auxillary send/return. Read the Behringer manual to work out what I'm talking about.

But this is way less than ideal, because now your guitar is connected straight into the mixer so you have no preamp or effects to play your guitar though.

• Members

Take your instruments / mic cables and connect them to the inputs of the mixer. Take the output from the mixer and run it into the boss. Connect the output from the boss to the amp. If all else fails, you could always read the manual.
:idk:

Ok that worked!! LOL It doesn't sound great but it will do for now for practicing. The manual didn't actually say anything about connecting to external units. Thanks all!!

• Members

Ok so I thought the fact that it plays back REALLY quietly was just because the EQ needed tweaking or the levels/gain o something but no matter what I do it seems to play the loop back really quietly. Its fine as I'm playing the sequence or lick or whatever on the guitar and even when I do something involving the mic but as soon as I step on it to overdub it starts playing it back REALLY quietly. Anyone know why? It's a Marshall practice amp, its always been fine before so I dont get it. WTF??

Archived