Logistics; electric and acoustic instruments

Adacto

• Members

Please feel free to move this if it's deemed in the wrong forum; I mainly lurk and this one seems a bit more 'busy/helpful' compared to... well, everywhere else on HCF. ;) Also this one has Phil, and he seems like a very knowledgeable chap.

I've recently changed from drums to guitar in my band and, subsequently, ended up taking on a bigger share of the songwriting. It was stressing the main songwriter out so I figured I'd pull some stuff together to try and help.

I recorded a track by myself not too long ago http://soundcloud.com/adacto/on-the-ground-premixmp3 as a suggestion for a direction to go in and, fortunately, my band mates seem to like it. (Critique welcome :) )

Only thing is.. there's a fairly heavy electronic element and we're your standard four-piece indie/rock band. Has anyone had experience mixing electronic elements and standard rock instrumentation (ie acoustic drums, guitars, bass, vox) in a live setting? An obvious solution would seem to be streaming the electronic elements from a laptop, but that would tie (at the very least) the drummer to headphones. Are there other solutions?

TL;DR version: last paragraph only ;) Cheers all.

Jon

Archived