Where to Buy Stereo Output Cables for My Synth?

• Members

2 separate cables: one for the left channel, and one for the right. you can buy a pair of individual 1/4" instrument cables, or something like this:

369722.jpg
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hosa-Dual-TRS-TRS-Patch-Cable?sku=333003

killedaway,

Unless his synth has balanced outputs, that's not the right cable he needs.

Mr Lucky Pants, what synth are you using specifically? Most have unbalanced outputs. If that's the case, you'll need two 1/4" instrument cables such as the one seen in this video I made for somebody else on here:)

• Members

killedaway,

Unless his synth has balanced outputs, that's not the right cable he needs.

Mr Lucky Pants, what synth are you using specifically? Most have unbalanced outputs. If that's the case, you'll need two 1/4" instrument cables such as the one seen in this video I made for somebody else on here:)

I have two synths actually. A Roland V-Synth (original) and a Moog Little Phatty.

• Members

I have two synths actually. A Roland V-Synth (original) and a Moog Little Phatty.

I just checked the specs of the V-Synth [lucky you by the way]. It's got unbalanced [meaning TS] outputs, so you'll need unbalanced cables [2 of them] such as the one seen in the vid I posted.

I couldn't find information about whether the Moog Little Phatty has balanced [TRS] or unbalanced [TS] outputs.

I'll keep searching but I'm sure someone who owns one on here can help you:)

• Members

outputs.

I'll keep searching but I'm sure someone who owns one on here can help you:)

Thanks a lot man. Yeah, I came to the same conclusion with the V-Synth...and yes I am lucky, it's a great board...a lot of fun, especially seeing as I'm first and foremost a guitar player. The Moog actually only has one output jack, so it must be mono, then, I guess...

I'm such a newb with this synth stuff, but I'm coming around ;)

• Members

Regular instrument cables will work just fine, nothing special needed here. Regular cables out L/R from the Roland and panned stereo L/R in the mixer. Single cable out from the Moog into mixer and pan it wherever you like. There are no special "stereo" cables required for your rig.

• Members

There are no special "stereo" cables required for your rig.

Yeah, the only reason to get "stereo" cables is cable management... and by "stereo" cables I mean nothing more than a two-channel snake of 1/4" TS instrument cables. I used Redco to get mine (need to learn how to roll my own some day).

• Members

(need to learn how to roll my own some day).

it's easier than you might think. i buy my parts from Orange County Speaker and RedCo, and then solder them myself. a $15 soldering iron will get you there just fine. practice a couple times and go at it. there really is almost nothing to it. if you make a mistake, melt the solder and try again, or just nick off an inch of cable and start a fresh connection.

Archived