Compare TC G Major 2 to the Nova System

shredhead7

• Members

My trusty Alesis Quadraverb died last night, so now I'm in the market for a new multi effects unit. I've been intrigued by the mid level TC stuff, but have no experience with it.

I primarily use multi effects for the delays and to attenuate the amp volume through the loop. I do like the looks of the Nova system, in that it will give me a tap tempo button, something that I haven't had before, as well as the pitch shifting and a whammy function (both items that I have never had).

So, which one sounds the most transparent and which one is the best bang for the buck?

• Members

G Major 2 is way more flexible, it offers things like modulated delays which the Nova System cannot do. That said, the Nova system has analogue dirt, which the G Major 2 does not have. Nova System isn't capable of 4CM though, so depending how youw ant to run it, the dirt may not be any use to you anyway.

Both sound great.

Tap tempo is available on both too - you can use just a momentary switch on the G Major 2, otherwise you can assign a CC control to it.

Archived