Beginners Keyboard

Moggo

• Members

Hi guys

I usually hang out in the guitar forum, but due to some RSI injury I've picked up I can't really play at the moment so have been thinking about getting a keyboard to play in the meantime.

I'm after a decent keyboard with a good piano sound for

• Members

For that amount you might want to look on the used market for something like a used Kurzweil K2000 or Roland XP-60. Maybe a used Yamaha Motif or MM6 even. It's going to be a bit more than $250, but you'll have a decent range of sounds and a sequencer (not on the MM6) so you can compose some songs without a computer.

Alternately, if you've got a laptop computer you might rather invest in a decent USB keyboard controller and some software.

• Members

Hey guys, thanks for responding - much appreciated.

The NP30 looks nice, and within my budget. I'll need a stand and a case, but judging by the youtube clip they have provided on the website it sounds pretty good. The reference to the light action being good for RSI is a real plus for me.

Although - no audio outs. Is that right? You can get starter packs with headphones, so presumably there's a 3.5mm jack. Do you mean there are no audio outs of a professional kind?

EDIT:

Guys - been reading more about the NP30 and a major concern of these keyboards is that the action is impossibly light. Has anybody tried one of these out? I'm not really in a position to test one out myself - I dont play, and I wont have time to get out there and test one any how.

Will it be an issue for a beginner?

Archived