Boss GT-10 vs. Boss ME-70

• Members

So, I previously owned a Boss GT-8 and for the most part was pretty happy with it until it died a couple of years ago (got a lot of use out of it). In the meantime, I've been skimping by with a decent-for-the-price $80 Zoom multieffects, but am looking at another Boss.

So I'm looking at my options right now, and though it looks like I can track down a discontinued GT-10, I'm kind of interested in the ME-70, especially since when I owned the GT-8 I usually used the various effects more than the amp modeling features, and it'd be nice to save $100.

I'll be swinging by Guitar Center later on today (if they have any demo models left), but any opinions on someone who's had experience with either would be nice. wave.gif

• Members

I can't speak for the ME-70 but I'm still using my GT-10. I find the trick to really making it sound nice is to go into the preamp settings and 9 times out of 10 if you switch the gain setting all the way up. it sounds way bigger and better. I'm not talking the first gain setting you see, its the one you get to by pressing the preamp button, and then going severall screens to the right. theres a typically 3 setting "knob" on the menu screen. turn that all the way up and it sounds so much better. Default boss setting seems to be the middle setting on everything.
I run a stereo out to a couple of old tube amps set to sound clean and control volume from the boss unit. I't really gives me an amazing amount of versatility and sounds great. For dirt I use some pedals in the onboard effects loop as I like the facncy scmancy ones i have better than the boss sounds. Delay reverb trem etc I am happy with what it comes with wich is all extrememly tweakable. Best guitar toy I ever got.

Archived