PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2: anyone have one?

Aedes

• Members

This thing looks really cool. I think the band is buying one. I read through Jon Chappell's pro review and it looks like it has everything we need for recording / practice / shows. (Chappell's review)

Anybody here have one? Impressions?

We're mainly going to use it for practice and recording--all of our mid-90s "digital" stuff is sold off...

The reviews are glowing. I can't see doing a bunch of stuff with the ipad though...

• Members

It's a decent cheap digital desk. It has a fair bit of stuff but it isn't the most powerful desk. An LS-9 would be a better option if funds are possible if you ask me but it is a great idea for running band's in ears! I have seen a lot of bands use those for stage in-ears which means that you always get the most consistent monitor sound as long as you run your own mics.

The ipad stuff is great when doing wedges and mixing in a venue, away from the desk, in the crowd.

• Members

Thanks of the info--makes sense about how to use the ipad. That yamaha looks cool but it's way over our budget. We play maybe one or two shows a year (and that's a good year lol), so in-ear monitoring would be overkill for sure.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Aedes

View Post

Thanks of the info--makes sense about how to use the ipad. That yamaha looks cool but it's way over our budget. We play maybe one or two shows a year (and that's a good year lol), so in-ear monitoring would be overkill for sure.

yeah, in that case it doesn't make sense but It's a decent desk if you just play a few shows. For any band that doesn't want to break the bank, it's a great budget desk! Enjoy it. It's going to make your life and your time getting ready for rehearsals so much faster!

Archived