Any soft synths that have a 'orchestral hit'?

JnBroadbent

• Members

I think Reason has some quite good orchestral hits. The Combinator instruments will generally provide you with the fullest sound, although layered samples in NN-XT could also work well - I've found some very realistic sample sounds in that.

Also if you're looking for more straightforward sample orchestral hits search on Future Producers for Hip Hop Orchestra stabs - I know that doesn't sound like what you're looking for but they do sound more like 'hits' than a synth set.

• Members

I think Reason has some quite good orchestral hits. The Combinator instruments will generally provide you with the fullest sound, although layered samples in NN-XT could also work well - I've found some very realistic sample sounds in that.

Also if you're looking for more straightforward sample orchestral hits search on Future Producers for Hip Hop Orchestra stabs - I know that doesn't sound like what you're looking for but they do sound more like 'hits' than a synth set.

Is there an actual orchestral hit or do I have to create one with multiple instruments?

I actually never thought of it like that, I figured the Roland modules that Janne uses (CoB) just had a Orchestral hit patch or some {censored}.

• Members

In the attachment is the classic orch hit sound. Pretty much the same as CoB uses. Put some Release in ADSR here and reverb and you're good to go. No need for softsynths (except SFZ maybe, or FL Soundfont Player).

Those sound pretty good, works for me. Thanks again

Archived