Keyboard Recording setup

papamaverick

• Members

Hey guys...I'm a newcomer to the keys forum though I've been hanging out at HC for 10+ years. I grew up playing classical piano, transitioned to pop keys after 10 years, and have had a Kurzweil PC2 (76-key) for 9 years now. It's served me well, but my real passion now is guitar & recording, so while I play keys a lot, I don't ever gig anymore.

I really liked the PC2 as a sort of "do-it-all-and-take-it-with-you" keyboard, but as a recording engineer, it's clear most of what I'll be doing is triggering sample libraries on my computer. The PC2, IMHO, does "good" at many things but not "great" at any of them.

If I were to sell my PC2 and use that cash to start a new rig, I'd be looking for a do-all MIDI controller (don't really need 88 weighted keys) and some sample libraries. What would you guys recommend?

Primary interests are B3, rhodes, wurlies, strings, piano...and a few pad type sounds would be nice as well.

• Members

Primary interests are B3, rhodes, wurlies, strings, piano...and a few pad type sounds would be nice as well.

NI Komplete Synths + NI Classik Keys will do you.

Other options, Guidos VB3 + MrRay + MrTramp. But these are modelling, IIRC.

Or, you can go with Scarbee.

Archived