HNPD x 3 (Joyo Content)

• Members

For emergency financial reasons, I had to sell off my pedalboard about a year ago. I've been using a couple of cheapie pedals I had laying around to get by. I needed to upgrade my drive pedals but didn't have a lot of cash.

After much deliberation, I decided to take a chance on some of the Joyo stuff. I got to say I'm pleasantly surprised. I picked up the Cruncher Distortion (Crunchbox clone), the Ultimate Drive (OCD clone), and the Compressor ( Barber Tone Press clone). These pedals are well built and sound amazing. The controls are very responsive and I was able to dial in the sounds I was looking for. I've only been able to do an a/b comparison with the Cruncher/Crunchbox, but to my ears I could not tell the difference. I've tried an OCD before and,again, couldn't tell the difference. This is my first compressor so I had no point of reference. But, if it's anything like the other 2 pedals, I'm sure it gives the Tone Press a run for its money.

I used them for the first time this past Friday at a gig and they performed beautifully. I picked up all 3 for $120 on Amazon with free shipping. I wouldn't hesitate to buy these pedals again if lost or stolen, even if I had the money to buy the originals. My next Joyo purchase will be a delay to relace the cheapo Behringer delay I'm currently using.

Never thought a job layoff and unemployment running out would force me to sell the beautiful peadlboard I had built, but now that I'm back to work I'm excited to start upgrading my gear. I'm really happy I took a chance on Joyo.

Archived