Want 20GB+ of cloud storage for free?

ambient

• Members

COPY is like dropbox or google drive. The difference being that you get way more free storage.

You can use it just on their website, or install their app (windows, macOS, android, linux).

The base amount is 15GB

+5GB as part of their current promo once you install one of the apps

+5GB for every person who signs up using your referral link.

https://copy.com?r=9WYiC3

This could be great for backing up your stuff to the cloud, or sharing projects over the net. I've found dropbox etc. to be too small for me without paying for more space.

:smileythumbsupsmall:

• Members

I USED to love free cloud storage. Now it's a burden. Sure, free storage is great at first; it's satisfying to backup your most treasured files, knowing that you won't lose your data, even if you fly off the handle and kick your computer against the wall until you have thoroughly broken every component and your foot.

However, with all these competing cloud storage services offering free space, I have to back up my files to each provider. Why? Because not every cloud storage company will still be in business a year from now when I have my next computer-smashing episode. By backing up my precious files to each and every fly-by-night cloud storage provider, I ensure that my blackmail photos of girlfriends from 13 years ago are secure should I ever need a favor.

• Members

Nich wrote:

I USED to love free cloud storage. Now it's a burden. Sure, free storage is great at first; it's satisfying to backup your most treasured files, knowing that you won't lose your data, even if you fly off the handle and kick your computer against the wall until you have thoroughly broken every component and your foot.

However, with all these competing cloud storage services offering free space, I have to back up my files to each provider. Why? Because not every cloud storage company will still be in business a year from now when I have my next computer-smashing episode. By backing up my precious files to each and every fly-by-night cloud storage provider, I ensure that my blackmail photos of girlfriends from 13 years ago are secure should I ever need a favor.

I doubt dropbox will be going anywhere, or apple cloud storage for that matter. And if they do I'm sure you'll have ample time to move it somewhere else. 

Archived