OT: Jelleyfish (The Band)

augerinn

• Members

Anyone heard of this early 90s group ?

A friend turned me on to them today. The CD I listened too is called Spilled Milk. Totally over the top, in your face, never a dull moment , overproduced, Beatles meets Queen meets the Beach Boys (With some Extreme thrown in for good measure) Power Pop I heave ever heard.

Seriously good stuff if your in to that kind of thing.

• Members

Saw them live in the day. Amazing. The drummer was the lead singer and he played drums standing up. They made 2 fantastic albums and broke up. They have/had MANY fans in the music business at all levels (other labels, VH1, radio stations) but never caught on with the public in a big way. They WAY overspent to make the albums, but as you alluded, they were masterpieces. I saw them open for the Black Crowes, who were big fans themselves. It was like seeing Wings (Jellyfish) open for the Faces (Crowes).

• Members

Yes Jellyfish were an amazing band! Roger Joseph Manning Jr. was the keyboard and a great songwriter. He was also in Imperial Drag and The Moog Cookbook. Roger also has a huge vintage synth and keyboard collection as can be witnessed in these videos. Also check out his new album "Catnip Dynamite". http://www.rogerjosephmanningjr.com/

Archived