Radiohead tone: Bodysnatchers

Small Stone

• Members

Umm, I assume what everyone's talking about is the first guitar sound on Bodysnatchers...from watching live videos, it seems the first guitar part on the song is played by Thom, who packs a couple Turbo Rats last time I checked. But I agree with MBET...it doesn't sound completely like "normal" guitar distortion.

• Members

Umm, I assume what everyone's talking about is the first guitar sound on Bodysnatchers...from watching live videos, it seems the first guitar part on the song is played by Thom, who packs a couple Turbo Rats last time I checked. But I agree with MBET...it doesn't sound completely like "normal" guitar distortion.

Right, it's Thom playing a Jazzmaster in Drop-D tuning, with an overdrive sound. I watched it last night. I was also surprised to see the three playing guitar, I thought that at least Jonny would be on Ondes Martenots/synth/whatever, but no, it's your good ol' RH three-guitar-attack.

And yes, the ending of Nude is one of the most beautiful thing ever.

• 6 years later...
  • Members

First off it's Thom, NOT Jonny that plays the intro. When they do it live Thom plays a Gibson SG into a Bixonic Expandora Pedal, then into a Vox AC30 Amp. I am not 100% sure on the pedal part, but he runs a pretty simple board and the Bixonic Expandora is the only one that seems capable of that type of splaty breakup. Hope that helps!

Archived