Sharing experience with Mooer-like pedals

Jumi

• Members

Hello,

I tried a lot of those, so I've been thinking about giving some reviews and advice about these tiny, low-cost (but good quality pedals).

When I discovered Mooer, it was on Aliexpress. At the time these pedals would cost around 30 or 40$. I bought a lot of them, even when prices got higher so...

Ana Echo : a bit of a disappointment to me. I'm really fond of delays, maybe too much. For me, the best analog delay pedals ever are the Maxon AD900, the DMM, the DM-2. The Ana Echo is supposed to be a DM2 clone. Well, it doesn't come close in terms of warmth, clarity, etc. I would recommend not to buy it if you're really in love with analog delays.

Black Secret : Rat clone. Best Mooer drive with the Solo. If you want to get it, you could just buy the Eno DR1-S, it's probably the same. The link is for the donnerdeal webshop, but I only buy from them now.

Blade : clone of certain a EHX metal pedal. Never buy that thing.

Cruncher : good clone of the Mi Audio Crunch Box, but the original sounds better. The Eno DS-1 is the same, but cheaper.

Echolizer : supposed to be inspired from the old maxon delays, but it is digital and closer to a Deep Blue Delay. I had a lot of noise with that pedal.

Eleclady : a really good analog flanger, clone of the EHX electric mistress. Nice (especially when used with 12v voltage) ! I just regret the price got higher. We can still buy it at a good price (around 35-40$) at Donner : as a matter of fact, the Donner Jet Convolution is exactly the same pedal (same circuit).

Ensemble King : a really good chorus. Mine had a faulty footswitch, so I bought the Donner Tuti Love Chorus, it's exactly the same circuit (and sound of course).

Green Mile : a TS8/9 clone. Never liked that one. Strangely, it didn't sound like a tube screamer to my ears.

Ninety Orange : a really good and warm phaser ! Stunning sound : )

Pure boost : I really liked that one ! A good clean boost pedal.

Reecho : probably the best digital delay I tried from Mooer (or Eno, Donner, etc). Edit : but if I prefer spending my $$ in a zoom ms 50 or 70 when it comes to digital pedals.

Shimverb : so cold and metallic sound. Didn't like it at all.

Solo : a Suhr Riot clone. One of my friends even prefers the Solo to the original suhr riot :) Maybe the best drive they sell. The Donner Morpher is the same pedal if you're interested, but for half the price.

Triangle Buff : nicer than nowadays EHX Muff, but a lot of Big Muff clones are better than that. The Eno Muff clone is the same.

Ultra Drive : clone of that Boss DS1 pedal. Boring (edit : My thought is that when you can get these wonderful riot and rat clones, the ds1 clone seems a bit less interesting. )

And... that's all. Hope it helps if you want to get some good pedals without spending too many $$$ ;)

• Members

Mod Factory - broke within hours of first use. two 'knobs' (although I think one may have been a multi-position switch) are now stuck at the functional-position of fully CCW... but the knobs still turn :facepalm:

What I did hear before it all went south was a very thin (lacking presense in the sub 3-400 Hz region) effects. The flange was pariculary metallic, to me. Then it all broke and I really couldn't give two rats' aii about it since. Seller has been a non-responder on ebay. And frankly, it's not worth my time or e-reputation to go fight with them about it.

Will not buy again.

Some day I will dissect the little box and give y'all a good, downhome, Engineer's Autopsy of the build quality, materials, etc.

• Members

Ok, so I'll never buy the mod factory (Well, I'm happy with my zoom ms70cdr anyway ;) ), thanks for the review, but sorry for you...

Danhedonia wrote:

I think I'm interested ... in seeing demos?

What's it like ordering from DonnerDeal?

I have a friend who makes good videos of mooer pedals, donner and the like...

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSanSystem/videos

And if I use donnerdeal, it's just that I can use paypal, and that they give a tracking number. No problem so far, so I recommend them.

Archived