I bought a Roland Micro Cube practice amp. It's good.

NoirAbattoir

• Members

My MC farts out so badly on the bass end that I've pretty much given up using it till I replace the speaker. I had it apart; the replacement is easy, though the impedence is odd if I remember correctly -- 6 ohms or something. I looked around for a hi fi sort of replacement on the assumption that the speaker is only reproducing the sound of the amp, not contributing to it, but I've not gotten anywhere. I'll be watching this space with interest.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Hollow body

My MC farts out so badly on the bass end that I've pretty much given up using it till I replace the speaker. I had it apart; the replacement is easy, though the impedence is odd if I remember correctly -- 6 ohms or something. I looked around for a hi fi sort of replacement on the assumption that the speaker is only reproducing the sound of the amp, not contributing to it, but I've not gotten anywhere. I'll be watching this space with interest.

If the amp is 6ohm, i dont think there would be any problem using an 8ohm speaker, that can only make life easier for the amp and it will probably get louder too.

The again I am not an expert on these matters.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I got a Roland Microcube along with the American Deluxe strat (you're probably thinking, you'd have to get a Marshall half stack with that) because I need a good practice amp that is not loud as hell (like a Marshall half stack) in order to sound good. I was thinking maybe I can strap the amp to my leg and walk around playing some killer heavy/death metals... Guys in Asia seems to listen to nothing but pop... its time for an introduction.

• 3 years later...
  • Members

sorry, old thread..

but did anyone actually get a speaker swap completed with a micro cube?

The only thing I would like from it would be a bit more headroom on the clean settings and volume. In order to remedy that I bought a 6" jensen Mod speaker to replace the 5 inch speaker. I may have to bust out the jigsaw on this one.

Archived