I picked up a Valvestate 8100

Ultrahighgain

• Members

I have a 8200, great amp for metal/industrial ...not so good for soloing ...actually if you turn the chorus right down and you kick it on it boosts and brings up the highs a bit and cuts

the circuit boards are pretty thin and can be prone to cold solder joints ...I had a bit of trouble

the one thing I love is the bottom end on that amp....its the perfect frequency to shake the room but not mud the sound ...awesome

• Members

Originally posted by The Idiot

I'm getting one tommorow. Quick question about the preamp tube: Can I just stick a 12AX7 in one, or do I need to replace the existing tube with an ECC83? If I change it with the former, and buying a groove tube, which tube should I use, the R2?

12ax7 and ecc83 are the same thing -- just different labeling for the states and uk. any 12ax7 will work.

• Members

I recently found out James Murphy used a Valvestate on the Disincarnate album. Makes me want mine back. :(

The second Acid Bath album is also a Valvestate....with a Metal Zone into the clean channel. :D Nice chainsaw tone, though. A bit thin, but it works.

• Members

Originally posted by Hotcakes

I recently found out James Murphy used a Valvestate on the Disincarnate album. Makes me want mine back.
:(

The second Acid Bath album is also a Valvestate....with a Metal Zone into the clean channel.
:D
Nice chainsaw tone, though. A bit thin, but it works.

That is awesome, I didn't know that. What a killer record...

Archived