Just bought a Randall RG100SCG2

takedeepbreaths

• Members

let me know how it is bro... i sent mine back for being defective out of the box (hey, it happens)... what was happening was with the guitar volume off but plugged into the amp, the amp would squeal with gain over 8.... if i backed the gain down the squeal would reappear once the channnel volume was over 4... the the higher the channel level went the higher the pitch of the squeal would be... lol... it was weird.

on the other hand, I picked up a used RG75 112 combo from a local place for $160 out the door that is kicking ass... i made some clips if you do a search on RG75.

-Erik

• Members

I found your clips and they sound real nice!!

I got this slightly used off Ebay from a seller w/ good feedback, so hopefully it has no problems like that.

It sounded like you definitely had a lemon though. But hey, you got a killer deal the 75 and it sounds real good, so it all worked out!

How do you like that Dean by the way? Did you ever play an Eclipse? Just wondering if you could compare the 2...

• Members

Originally posted by takedeepbreaths

How do you like that Dean by the way? Did you ever play an Eclipse? Just wondering if you could compare the 2...

OMG, the Dean is just sick man... plays killer, sounds killer. The neck is odd but it didnt take anywhere near the time I thought it would to adjust to it from playing Ibanez for 15+ years.

I never got a chance to play an actual ESP eclipse since noone had them in stock... they way Im looking at it, with as happy as I am with the Dean, I would have been very happy if they were the same price... but since the Dean ran me ~$400 less then the ESP would have, Im frickin exstatic... lol.

-Erik

Archived