Do PODS and amp modelling amps sound crappy turned up?

porsch8

• Members

Originally posted by porsch8

I guess I am basically referring to the Line 6 gear. Can you actually use it in a live situation turned up loud?

Sure you can. Problem is that once you find a patch you like at home, it might sound completely different from venue to venue. You'd have to adjust the guts of it to get the best sound every time. A standard amp you can just tweak the front of it and your guitar. Not so hard and you have limited choices. With a modeler it can take a long time to get it just right, and that's after much tweaking. And you might have a zillion different things to tweak. Not fun.

• Members

Can`t agree sav- I have used them in many venues- always through my own dedicated PA. Like any amp you have to tweak- but all the needed tweeks are just knobs on the front. Maybe i don`t try to push the envelope as far as you, but there are good sounds to be had for sure! But truth be told I am back to supers and bassmans now.

• Members

Originally posted by syrinx

Can`t agree sav- I have used them in many venues- always through my own dedicated PA. Like any amp you have to tweak- but all the needed tweeks are just knobs on the front. Maybe i don`t try to push the envelope as far as you, but there are good sounds to be had for sure! But truth be told I am back to supers and bassmans now.

I gave up on trying to use presets for this reason.

I put it on manual and select what I need.

Usually the Marshall stack, sometimes a Deluxe Reverb or Mesa Boogie.

Tweak the EQ/drive/cab as needed.

Archived