*IMPORTANT* Help me decide on a amp!!!!

PRSnotPOS

• Members

Ok guys I need to be enlightened on some of your amp talk lingo. What is a "stack?" Please fiil me in on any other amp lingo terms that you can think of. Also I need to purchase an amp in the 500 dollar range for my PRS Standard 24. I would like some suggestions. I need one that can handle some bass... I know fender has a reputation for being twangy so I'm leaning toward marshall?? Please help me decide on a amp. (and also please be very specific without throwing tons of terms like I HAVE A BF-4556 TRIQUAD WITH EXTRA POWER HOOKUP!!! i mean wtf is that)

• Members

Hey,
A guitar stack TYPICALLY refers to a guitar amp set up that consists of an amp head/guitar amp rack and two guitar speaker cabinets that have 4 twelve inch speakers in each cabinet. A guitar half stack consists of the same stuff but with only one "4X12" speaker cabinet.

A combo amp is simply a "all in one" amplifier. It has the both the amplifier and speaker mounted in one housing/box. Combos are available in MANY different configurations as far as both the amp type as well as speaker set-up.

As far as recommending an amp under 500.00 dollars? What sort of guitar sound are looking to have? Tell me the sound you are looking for and I will make some suggestions as far as amps you should check out.

Take care,

Ray Mitchell

• Members

Originally posted by hournegative

Hey,

A guitar stack TYPICALLY refers to a guitar amp set up that consists of an amp head/guitar amp rack and two guitar speaker cabinets that have 4 twelve inch speakers in each cabinet. A guitar half stack consists of the same stuff but with only one "4X12" speaker cabinet.

A combo amp is simply a "all in one" amplifier. It has the both the amplifier and speaker mounted in one housing/box. Combos are available in MANY different configurations as far as both the amp type as well as speaker set-up.

+1

• Members

I'm looking for a good rock sound with some bass to it... it would be able to handle some nice bassy palm mutes and heavy power chords... but still able to bust out amazing solos... I want like a pretty versatile amp. If this help any some of my fav bands are 311, incubus, system of a down, a perfect circle, OPETH!!!, tenacious d, Mr. Bungle

Archived