Check out the new Matchless!

Celestion101

• Members

100_0536.jpg

Well, kind of new........I had a Chieftain 2x12 and wanted to go back to a 4x10 like the one I sold 2 years ago (and I kicked myself ever since). They are really rare and one never came up used, so I did something a step better.........I paid a visit to Phil (@ Matchless) and put in the order for a 4x10 combo cab (and this time I picked the colors!). It sounds awesome!! FWIW, the two rear panels are also white. Besides the fact that he's my customer, Phil is a top notch guy and really did a great job on this thing. The old 2x12 combo cab is for sale in the spam thread ($350 shipped in the USA).

• Members

Originally posted by fit2-btied

Well, kind of new........I had a Chieftain 2x12 and wanted to go back to a 4x10 like the one I sold 2 years ago (and I kicked myself ever since). They are really rare and one never came up used, so I did something a step better.........I paid a visit to Phil (@ Matchless) and put in the order for a 4x10 combo cab (and this time I picked the colors!). It sounds awesome!! FWIW, the two rear panels are also white. Besides the fact that he's my customer, Phil is a top notch guy and really did a great job on this thing. The old 2x12 combo cab is for sale in the spam thread ($350 shipped in the USA).

I've got an old c-30 4x10, from the original line back before Randall bought them, I love it!

You're right about Phil, cool guy. I was lucky enough to be there on one of the days that they were testing out the Phoenix 35. He let me hang and play through it. The P-35, is one of the most amazing amps I've ever played, incredibly touch sensitive! :D

• Members

Thanks guys. On the blue question, the Divided By 13 is like an electric sky blue, while the Matchless is full-on turquoise (sp?).

yeah. i can see it now in the pics. i definately like both colors. (the /13 a little more though)

• Members

Originally posted by gtrwiz

I've got an old c-30 4x10, from the original line back before Randall bought them, I love it!

You're right about Phil, cool guy. I was lucky enough to be there on one of the days that they were testing out the Phoenix 35. He let me hang and play through it. The P-35, is one of the most amazing amps I've ever played, incredibly touch sensitive!
:D

Awesome, the Phoenix is a cool amp!

I played the new 3 channel Independence while I was there....it's killer!! Ch 1 is Matchless clean, Ch2 gets pretty crunchy (ala classic rock), and Ch3 is 'balls to the wall'. There are a ton of tones on tap with a few tweaks here and there. It truly nailed a great Plexi'ish tone. In fact, with a good humbucker loaded guitar (Les Paul), EVH tones were even unleashed....with a Matchless! The cool feature is that channel 3 cleans up to a channel 1 tone when you roll off of the volume. It should be a real successful model for them.:cool:

• Members

Awesome, the Phoenix is a cool amp!

I played the new 3 channel Independence while I was there....it's killer!! Ch 1 is Matchless clean, Ch2 gets pretty crunchy (ala classic rock), and Ch3 is 'balls to the wall'. There are a ton of tones on tap with a few tweaks here and there. It truly nailed a great Plexi'ish tone. In fact, with a good humbucker loaded guitar (Les Paul), EVH tones were even unleashed....with a Matchless! The cool feature is that channel 3 cleans up to a channel 1 tone when you roll off of the volume. It should be a real successful model for them.
:cool:

Is it channel switching?

• Members

The old 2x12 combo cab is for sale in the spam thread ($350 shipped in the USA).

wow! that's amazing looking...those amps sound great through 10's.

I looked for a long time for an empty 2x12 matchless cab to convert my Clubman head into a combo...after a while i contacted myles at matchless and offered to buy an empty cab (with speakers)...he told me not to do it...said the ef86 would rattle to much!??! Bummer.

Archived