Which head should i get, rocker 30 or rockerverb 50

Gooma

• Members

The other guitarist in my band has a Rockerverb 100, I think they sound great but it's definitely a darker and smoother tone. I don't find much marshall bite in them, I haven't really messed with the EQ too much and consequently, he turned it on one day a couple months ago and it just died on him (it was less than two months old at the time). Be wary of their customer service, Orange has had that amp for two months now and no one seems to know where it's at! The store says that Orange told them it shipped weeks ago and now they say it's waiting for some part, {censored} that {censored}! Anyhow, I think the fact that it broke is just an unfortunate thing that happened rather than a blow at Orange's QC and amps in general but their serive sucks. I think he's going to get his money back this week.

Jay

• Members
Originally posted by LaXu

The Rocker 30 uses EL34s in class A while the RV50 has 6V6 tubes in class A/B. Here's what I thought playing the Rocker 30 combo and the Rockerverb 50 (through Orange 4x12) side by side:

Thanks for that LaXu, i didnt realise that the rocker 30 is class A whereas the Rockerverb 50 is class A/B. I think the rocker 30 may be the way to go and it`s going to be well over a grand cheaper which helps.

• Members

Originally posted by Rockys Mob

im not too happy with my sound these days. it doesnt sound too great with my Schecter (jb/59) playin through it. i dont know why. i want to try some other pickups to see if that might help. i dont think it can handle the bass from the guitar that well, so its givin me some kinda boomy thing.

the amp sounds better with my other guitars...but they are {censored}ty guitars...so err...

All my humbucker guitboxes have the JB/59 combo (S-100's and and SG), and they sound great through my RV50,....boomy,..hmm. I guess you do have to be careful with the bass on this amp,...if you run it too high it can sound a bit whoofy. I run the bass on my at no more than 12:00,...I'm also using an Orange 2x12 which tends to be bass heavy anyway.

• Members

Originally posted by Gooma

I figure it would sound great too with my 2 x 12 loaded with G12H30`s, great clip Cibyl, i really dig kannubuls AIC clips too, just hoping the Rocker 30 rocks as hard.

Thanks,...I'm running my RV50 into an Orange 2x12 with Hellatone 30's which are basically slightly aged Celestion G12H30's. But the amp sounds great through my Bogner OS 2x12 with V30's as well.

• Members

Originally posted by Cibyl

All my humbucker guitboxes have the JB/59 combo (S-100's and and SG), and they sound great through my RV50,....boomy,..hmm. I guess you do have to be careful with the bass on this amp,...if you run it too high it can sound a bit whoofy. I run the bass on my at no more than 12:00,...I'm also using an Orange 2x12 which tends to be bass heavy anyway.

its not becuase of the damn bass control. i know how to dial an amp in:mad:

theres just too much of one frequency comin out of my schecter that my other guitars dont push...it goes away when i dip out around 200htz

• Members

Originally posted by ovee

deluxeguitars.com.au have got the rockerverb 50 for sale at $2499 au but you might be able to get the rocker 30 cheaper too... check them out

Thanks mate, i`ll give em a call tommorow, thats a great price tho on the rockerverb 50

• Members

theres just too much of one frequency comin out of my schecter that my other guitars dont push...it goes away when i dip out around 200htz

Alrighy,...settle down. I was just trying to help,...I wasn't trying to insinuate you didn't know what you were doing when it comes to dialing in an amp.

Jeeez,....

• Members

Maybe you need another pickup to make your Schecter more balanced?

• Members

Originally posted by megajay

The other guitarist in my band has a Rockerverb 100, I think they sound great but it's definitely a darker and smoother tone. I don't find much marshall bite in them, I haven't really messed with the EQ too much and consequently, he turned it on one day a couple months ago and it just died on him (it was less than two months old at the time). Be wary of their customer service, Orange has had that amp for two months now and no one seems to know where it's at! The store says that Orange told them it shipped weeks ago and now they say it's waiting for some part, {censored} that {censored}! Anyhow, I think the fact that it broke is just an unfortunate thing that happened rather than a blow at Orange's QC and amps in general but their serive sucks. I think he's going to get his money back this week.

Jay

Your buddy needs to call Orange. Seems there are a lot of shops that aren't doing their job. Dealing directly with Orange, I have had GREAT success. Don't email them either, call.

• Members

Originally posted by fetuspetus

meh i dunno

I'm not sure what amp i'm going to go to but i have the ad140 i kinda think the rockerverb is my amp

then i think it will be thje same as my ad and it wont cut through and it'll be muddy again

If you can;t cut through with the AD or the Rockerverb - you really need to consider what else you are using, and how you're set up.

• Members

Originally posted by Cibyl

Alrighy,...settle down. I was just trying to help,...I wasn't trying to insinuate you didn't know what you were doing when it comes to dialing in an amp.

Jeeez,....

heheheh i know that. kinda foolin around...but really everyone else has said 'watch the bass control' even though i said its too much bass going INto the preamp, not the amp itself.

Archived