So I think I'm going to get a Shiva...

StevenS

• Members

Originally posted by StevenS

What do you think? Who's got one?

How do you like it?

I've been thinking about a nice combo with a channel of Fender clean and a heapin helpin of Marshall crunch. EL34w/reverb.

What's the verdict?

You could certainly do a lot worse! I have the head version of what you described and am still as pleased with it as the day I brought it home!!! You should really try one out first if you can, if you like Fender clean and Marshall crunch I think it will get you close. The Shiva has a unique voicing that's a little different than Fender and Marshall, but from what I can tell that's what it's based on. At least to my ears.

• Members

Hi StevenS, I really love my Shiva! I have the EL34 version w/
2x10" closed back, ported (vintage & modern Celestions) reverb etc. Although I like my T.C. Electronics rack equipment better. At first I wasn't sure of the 10" spkrs, but after live & studio playing, I'll tell you it's such a wide toneful combo, with the two different types of speakers, it covers so many frequencies, it's awesome!
Nice when you want to play a session and only have to carry this one amp, I'm sure you know that you can hook up different spkr cabs (1x12/2x12 or 2-4x12"). very versatile. I've also owned other Bogners, 101b then modded to Classic, but I seem to like this Shiva the best. Also owned many Soldano SLO's, VHT Pittbull,
so on, all different but great in there own way. The Bogner Shiva is my favorite, good luck in your search.

• Members

Thanks guys, I figured I'd hear from you Bob. The clips on your home page and the Bogner site were a big help. Thanks.

So, just have to decide which one. I'm leaning to the 1-12 for versatility, I've got a 4-12 cabinet I could use with it, versus hauling a 2-12 or 2-10 around. I hear these things are heavy!

• Members

How is the gain on the Shiva? I'm interested in being able to take advantage of full gain or driving with a clean boost without it sounding buzzy like a bee hive. Would a Shiva combo, either 1 x 12 or 2 x 12 or 2 x 10 be able to achieve good tones even at lower volumes? I'm not always able to play at full throttle. I have a Genz Benz G-Flex 2 x 12 cabinet that I can use when need be. Clean sounds never really seem to bother me from any amp, it's always the gain factor that kills me, I'm looking for a good hard driving gain, classic 80's rock (not speed, death metal) that has good crunch without the buzz. Thanks for any advice.

Archived