UFC/MMA Fans, COME IN!

PuppetOfMasters

• Members

UFC 55: Fury

Predictions?

Only offical fights I know of so far are Andrei Arlovski vs Paul Buentello, and Forrest Griffin vs Elvis Sinosec. I also think Georges St. Pierre and Shaun Sherk are gonna fight to see who takes on Matt Hughes for the title. Nate Quarry is getting a title shot against Rich Franklin, though it wont be at UFC 55. I think its kind of early to be giving ol Nate a title shot after just TWO UFC fights. But I think it will be a great fight, but Rich will probably come out on top. I cant wait until Frank Mir and Andrei Arlovski fight again once Frank is OK from his mortorcycle injuries. I think Jeremy Horn will be fighting soon too. I forget who he was supposed to fight though. I want Randy Couture and Chuck Liddel to go at it again. From what I've seen thus far, Randy seems like the only light heavyweight in the UFC that can take Chuck. I want Randy to get his title back, I'm not a real big fan of Chuck Liddel.

• Members

Isn`t Nate the guy that {censored}ed up his leg or whatever in the first "Ultimate Fighter" and didn`t get to fight the entire show?
Which reminds me, I missed tonights episode due to the Falcons and Eagles game...guess I'll have to catch it on Thursday or something

• Members

Originally posted by GYBE!

Isn`t Nate the guy that {censored}ed up his leg or whatever in the first "Ultimate Fighter" and didn`t get to fight the entire show?

Which reminds me, I missed tonights episode due to the Falcons and Eagles game...guess I'll have to catch it on Thursday or something

Yeah thats him. I can tell you what happened on the The Ultimate Fighter if you'd like. Dont want to spoil it if you dont want to know.

• Members

Originally posted by PuppetOfMasters

UFC 55: Fury

Predictions?

Only offical fights I know of so far are Andrei Arlovski vs Paul Buentello, and Forrest Griffin vs Elvis Sinosec. I also think Georges St. Pierre and Shaun Sherk are gonna fight to see who takes on Matt Hughes for the title. Nate Quarry is getting a title shot against Rich Franklin, though it wont be at UFC 55. I think its kind of early to be giving ol Nate a title shot after just TWO UFC fights. But I think it will be a great fight, but Rich will probably come out on top. I cant wait until Frank Mir and Andrei Arlovski fight again once Frank is OK from his mortorcycle injuries. I think Jeremy Horn will be fighting soon too. I forget who he was supposed to fight though. I want Randy Couture and Chuck Liddel to go at it again. From what I've seen thus far, Randy seems like the only light heavyweight in the UFC that can take Chuck. I want Randy to get his title back, I'm not a real big fan of Chuck Liddel.

Arlovski over Buentello easy. Buentello is a great striker but Arlovski seems to be too strong and versatile.

I thought Jeremy Horn got schooled by Chuck in Boiling Point. I was not impressed at all with what he did.

What did you think of the Ultimate Fighter fight tonight? I know some others may have not seen it yet. So, like you said, no need to ruin it for anybody for a little while.

• Members

Originally posted by StringMachine

What did you think of the Ultimate Fighter fight tonight? I know some others may have not seen it yet. So, like you said, no need to ruin it for anybody for a little while.

I thought it was kind of dumb. I think he should of went after a weaker guy instead of their best grappler. He just overpowered him....Them elbows were nasty, I was suprised he didnt get cut. I think its going to come down to Jorge and Joe in the welterweight championship. Jorge has his eyes set on taking Von Flue out, and I'm pretty sure he'll do it. Jorge is in the top 10 jiu jitsu fighters in the world. I'm just afraid Joe might be too strong for him, but I think Jorge will come out of top. As far as the heavyweights go, I dont know very much about any of them, so we'll see what happens.

• Members

It pisses me off how the UFC is downplaying the talent pool, especially cutting Lindland and Salaverry. They are pushing their reality show guys way too much. I like Pride a lot more, but I'm an MMAddict and get every event. Lindland is a bit boring, but a win is a win and the guy is good. They made a bull{censored} excuse to cut his contract b/c they Dana fears he will beat Franklin, which he very well could. I'm almost positive from sources who talked to Georges that he will not be fighting Sherk until UFC 56. That will be a hell of a fight. Hughes will face Karo for the finale of TUF reality show. The two winners, presumably St Pierre and Hughes will fight for the title December possible where Pierre will win.
Arlovski is superior in every aspect and will win.
Sinosic is better than his record and I'm going out on a limb and picking him on a decision over Forrest.
You guys also give Horn no credit at all. The guy is a natural 185er that the UFC is making fight at 205. The guy is awesome on the ground and can give anyone a go at 185 all the way to the titleholder. Saying Horn is crap is odd since he lasted longer than Randy, Tito, and Babalu. He got some viscous shots landed on him and came back a bunch. I think he's fighting Van Arsdale next UFC also by the way. If he doesn't win, I really hope he can be let in at 185 for the future.
Louiseau (the Crow) is also fighting Tanner almost guaranteed. Could be fight of the night.

Archived