haven't posted a clip in a long time - budda - hendrixy medley

ratter

• Members

Originally posted by ratter

Thanks guys.

I can do that for you sometime. I really like the pedal. Very versatile. I scewed up a little here in that I had the volume on the pedal too low. That's why the dirty parts are a bit quieter. But the OCD is very amp-like and works well with clean or dirty amps.

That'd be cool. The OCD sounds like it works soooo well in your set up. I was running a FD2 for the longest time but it was just too smooth for me. I'm running a Diamond J-Drive right now and really liking that. The OCD sounds like it's got some nice hair on it, more open sounding too.

• Members

This is why I'm probably going to replace my SD30 that I sold :( with an SD80 or SD45. Those inbetween tones and OD boosted tones sound soooo Plexi. The 30 always had more of an AC30/Brian May type of vibe in this situation. Don't get me wrong it did great hot Vox/ May tones but, and that's a fun tone to work with, but it just doesn't match my playing. I do miss the drive channel on that thing though! GREAT CLIPS MAN!!

• Members
Originally posted by ratter

There's definitely some clipping there, but I'm not sure where it's coming from. The meters never hit the red on the screen. So I dunno?
:confused:

Sounds very good man! Kudos!

My guess the clipping is coming from your mic pre. If your meters never peeked then you were probably overdriving your mic pre's. My crappy Sound Blaster Audigy does this all the time.

Still and all nice sound nice groove!

Archived